Caring for your candles
Wax has a ‘memory’ so ensure the first burn burns until the whole ‘melt pool’ melts to the edge of the surface. This often takes 3 – 4 hours to achieve. If this is not done with the first burn, the wax will only melt to where the original burn ceased.
To ensure an even, smoke free burn, trim the wick to 5mm prior to burning. If the wick is not trimmed prior to each use there is the possibility of the candle burning uneven. Do not leave any debris in the wax.
Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time. Keep away from drafts, fans etc.
Do not blow out candle, instead, turn the wick into the candle to extinguish using a Wick Dipper (available in accessories) The benefits of using a ‘wick dipper’ is that it puts the flame out in the pool of wax so that the next time you use your candle you lift up the wick with the ‘dipper’ and it is already ‘primed’ with wax. Alternatively use a candle snuffer. By doing this, there will be no nasty smell of smoke overtaking the lovely fragrance from your candle.
Place boiling water into jar to soften wax, this may be enough to ‘scoop’ it out and dispose of. Any left-over wax residue will then wash out easily with hot, soapy water.